Monday, May 16, 2011

This Mommy is Headed to College

After working as a stay-at-home mommy for the last 14 years, I have decided to return to the halls of academia to pursue a degree in Social Work. As if running a household with five children isn't a study in social work itself! That's correct- I have FIVE children. Ranging in age from 5-15, my four sons and one daughter think they are up for the challenge of living without mommy micromanaging the household. My wonderful husband is donning a superman cape and is ready to play the role of do-it-all Daddy. We have made countless lists, held family meetings, hired a nanny, revised the family social calender and redecorated the nursery into a "study room" for mom. Basically, we are in "all systems go" mode. This blog will chronicle my adventures as a 41 year old married mother of five entering a large urban university and trying to juggle 25 credit hours this semester while keeping up with my mommy responsibilities, and keep it all in perspective. Feel free to comment, give suggestions, make me laugh or just follow along!

6 comments:

  1. Ever since we were kids, I have always known you as to be a "go-getter" and one who strives to be your best in whatever you do. I have always looked up to you and know that you will be successful in this endeavor just as you have in so many other things you have done up to this point. You are an inspiration and I look forward to reading your blogs. Go get 'em girl! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about the adventure, and of course covering it in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Wishes Amy. The WSU School of Social Work is the best in the country and the team of people that run it are top notch. You will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I was thinking you needed more to do!! :) Good for you. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be so proud... Good for you, Amy! What a great dream to follow...

    ReplyDelete